Monday, May 7, 2012

What is the best way to show gratitude to your parents?


No photo

WORDS WORTH By Mons Romulo (The Philippine Star) 


Wherever we are today,whatever we have made of ourselves, we owe it to our parents who have given and taught us so much. We only have one set of parents, and we should make it a point to show them how grateful we are for everything that they have taught us. Whatever gesture we choose to express our thanks, the important thing is that they know how much we love them. I interviewed the cast of the forthcoming play Spring Awakening on how they show their thanks to their parents.

SITTI NAVARRO, singer, stage actress: The best way for me to do that is to live a life that they can be proud of, for them to be able to say, with conviction, “That’s my daughter, I taught her that!” — a God-fearing, values-instilled and honest life.

CHARI ARESPACOCHAGA , director, Spring Awakening: I show my mom gratitude for all the things she has done for me by aiming for excellence in my work and by living in a loving, generous way. I plan on traveling more with my mom. And more wine and cheese nights!

JETT PANGAN, singer, stage actorI like making my mom proud of me by showing her that I live by her life lessons on frugality and prioritizing my family above all else. My mom is a widow and retired, so I make sure to connect with her (she watches our gigs) and assure her that I’ll always be around.

INNO MARTIN, stage actor: The best way that I can express my gratitude to my parents is by showing how much I care for them, express how much I love them, and showing them how they influenced me as a son to be successful in all that I’m going to do in the future.

MIGUEL MENDOZA, stage actor: The best way I can show my gratitude is to compose a song for them and perform it.

NAR CABICO, stage actor: I will thank my parents by doing well in school and in the productions that I am part of.

RAJO LAUREL, costume designer, Spring Awakening: By being a man for others. My parents taught me that the best way to reward them is to help those most in need.

KELLY LATI, stage actress: Even though my mom is back home in New Jersey, I still talk to her every day. I tell her stories about rehearsals and my day. I thank her for allowing me to be part of Spring Awakening. I am especially grateful because she is flying in to watch me on opening night.

YANAH LAUREL, stage actress: By showering my mom with lots of hugs and kisses. By telling her she has been such an inspiration and motivating force in my life. By telling her I love her.

CHESKA IÑIGO, stage actress: This year, to show my mom how much I appreciate her, I threw her a surprise birthday party and gave her a new dog. (The last one we gave her passed away and she was feeling really bad about it.) I also show gratitude to my parents for everything they have taught me by living my life based on their beliefs and principles, and passing them on to my children so that my parents’ legacy will live on in them.

NICCO MANALO, stage actor: My parents had tough times growing up and all they want for me is to have the opposite of that. I will strive to be the best I can be on my own and still be there when my family needs me.

No comments:

Post a Comment